вторник, 26 апреля 2011 г.

Faces Of COPD Campaign Profiles Canadians Living With COPD

The Lung Association launches today the 2008 Faces of COPD campaign. Faces of COPD features twelve personal stories - of Canadians with COPD, of their family members, and of healthcare professionals who research and treat this chronic condition.


"We're sharing these personal stories because we're hoping that people at risk for COPD may see themselves in these stories and be inspired to get help," says Nora Sobolov, President and CEO of The Lung Association.


One Face of COPD is Doug Cooper of Ottawa. He's been living with COPD for five years. "I couldn't walk more than eight steps without stopping to catch my breath. It was frightening and frustrating. When my doctor told me I had COPD, I was stunned. I had never heard of this disease before. I'm sharing my story in the hope that someone will read it and recognize that they may have COPD."


Read more personal stories of people affected by COPD



Learn more about COPD

The Lung Association

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий